Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Blackbird Fly



Date acquired: Christmas 2008

I can't believe it has been more than a month since I've drawn a fancy. I have just been so lazy and uninspired lately. There are so many things which I want to share on this blog, and yet I couldn't seem to bring myself to post them online. Everyday I seem to tell myself that I am going to make a effort from now on, but nothing seems to come out of it. Do you feel like this sometimes? How do you dig yourself out of this unproductive hole?

Anyway, I was suppose to go to the Brown Owls meeting tonight, but ended up staying at home to work on this illustration instead. I am really happy with the result, but kind of sad that I didn't go to my monthly crafty meeting. Will definitely make an effort for next month.

So I got this Blackbird as a Christmas present from Mat the first year we started dating. For those of you who have never seen it, it is a plastic toy camera which form my memory is modelled after the Russian spy cameras back in the days when people do a lot of spying. If you are interested, you can read more about it here.

I love this little camera, purely because it is so unpredictable and so low tech, it is so hard to use in terms of loading the film and removing the film after use but I think it is the extra challenge that makes this little camera so much more adorable.

Unfortunately I haven't been playing with it for quite a while, mainly because to develop the film is so expensive. However, I have made a little promise to myself to start taking my loyal friend around this summer. So stay tune for some fun Blackbird artistry in the near future. Hopefully, this camera will pull me out of this lazy, uninspired hole.

Emotional worth: 4 stars

1 comment:

  1. It looks like a great camera. I agree with film costs though. I am not even sure I could get film processed where I live, I think it would need to be sent away.
    You like my poaching prowess? I still haven't mastered the art of doing more than one at a time. My partner cheats and does the egg in plastic film trick but I am looking for technique not the cheat's way. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...