We spent the second week of watercolour class painting pieces of fruit. It was quite therapeutic and I found it very interesting seeing each student's painterly style peeking out just after the second class. We were given instructions on how to build up texture by experimenting with different layers of paint. I am quite happy with the result, but to be honest compare to the others in the group, mine didn't quite look like a piece of watercolour. It doesn't have the translucent quality that I was hoping for, hopefully I'll be able to improve in the next session. The lovely Erin has also recommended the Cotman brand to try out, apparently the paint quality has a lot to do with its translucency. I have already ordered a set from ebay, lets hope that it'll arrive before the end of semester.