Thursday, March 8, 2012

Illustration fancy: Japanese Maneki Neko tea towel


For the past couple of days I have been working on this tea towel design, I wasn't too happy with the colours and texture in the old design but I persisted thinking that it can be tweaked once finished. Although I was sort of happy with the outcome, it just didn't feel right, the colouring was too controlled, too cartoonish. I went back to the drawing board and came up with this second idea. It is now more muted with less colours and am now very happy with the result.

Just need to work on two more designs and get it printed. I can't wait to show you once it arrives, really excited.

I have posted some pictures of the Oxford St Design Store launch party on my  facebook  page. It was such a fun night and it felt so good to see my tea towels in a shop. There were only two left, so I'm assuming the others were already bought and taken to their brand new home. :)






5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous - too nice to dry dishes with. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the new color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww thanks guys! I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg that tea towel. so. cute. where can I get??

    x
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stace! They are not available just yet, I will be sending it to print this week. I can let you know the moment they arrives if you'd like. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...