Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Uncanny Valley


Hello my lovelies. Long time no see, sorry I have been neglecting you, but I have some very exciting news to share. I've been selected to be part of the Google Exhibition hosted by Hardware Gallery. For those of you who have never heard of the Google Exhibition, it is an annual event as part of the Fringe Festival where on the same time and day, each artist google the same phrase and from a single page of results, each had to choose one website as their sole source of inspirations for an artwork. The phrase this year is "uncanny valley" which according to Wikipedia, is a hypothesis in the field of robotics and 3D computer animation, which holds that when human replicas look and act almost, but not perfectly, like actual human beings, it causes a response of revulsion among human observers. Pretty interesting, don't you think?


As you can tell, I pretty god damn excited. This will be the first time my work will be shown in a gallery setting. I still have a tonne of work to do, but I think it will be worth it in the end. Here is a sneak peak of my artwork.




Miso has been pretty helpful too, here's a picture of him critiquing my work. To tell you the truth, I think he's more interested in my pen than my drawing...

The opening night will be on Tuesday 13th September 6-8pm and will run till 24th September. It would be great if you guys can come along. I'm sure I'll need all the support I can get. 

Uncanny Valley - 5th Annual Google Exhibition
263 Enmore Road, Enmore






4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...