Sunday, July 24, 2011

Nice day inside


What have you been up to this weekend? Apart from a sneaky espresso martini yesterday evening, we have been spending most of our time indoor. I have forgotten what fun one can have while indoor. I made a batch of super delicious Milo cookies and made some crochet coasters for the milk.

It is a bit hard to tell from the photo, but the thread I bought for the crochet is super thin. In fact, they are actually threads used for embroidery, it took me forever to find a small enough hook but I am really loving the results. Here is a close up, as you can tell, I am quite proud of them.


As mentioned in my last post, I went to my first Brown Owls meeting on Wednesday. It was quite fun, even though we had torrential rain the whole night, a lot of people still managed to turn up. I didn't meet many people that night as I arrived late and everyone were in their little groups already. However, I did manage to meet two really lovely ladies, we had quite a few laughs and exchanged a number of interesting tales. I have to say, it is very nice to meet people who has the same interests as you, it's a pity the meeting only happens once a month. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you could make it to Brown Owls! Your crochet is amazing, I'll have to add some doilies to my never ending to-do list. Kxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...