Saturday, April 23, 2011

Anna Karenina

Date acquired: Around 2002

I have a weakness for Russian writers, there's something about their sense of drama which excites me every time. I read Anna Karenina many many years ago and loved it so much that I promised myself I would be re-reading it every year. However, as with most promises, it never happened. A few months ago I picked up this book again and decided the time is right to re-visit the world of Anna Karenina and oh my, am I glad. It is like reading a brand new book, and the characters are so much more intense than I remembered. It's funny how books can present different meanings during different stages of your life. This time, I am reading this book very slowly, savoring every word as I go along. Don't know when I will finish reading this, but I'm not complaining.

Emotional worth: 3.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...