Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dragonfly hair clip


I got this dragonfly hair clip from my friend Lisa for my 30th birthday last year. It is a vintage inspired design made out of enamel and aqua sparkles from Alannah Hill. I have a weakness of dragonflies, I still have vivid memory of my first dragonfly experience down at the beach when I was a little girl. I thought it was the most magical and beautiful flying object I've ever seen. Their wings are so delicate and I love how it shimmers under the sun. It's a sham you don't seem to see many dragonflies nowadays.

Emotional worth: 3.5 stars

4 comments:

  1. This is an illustration, right? At first I thought it was a photograph and I kept staring at it and staring at it until I started to see that it was, indeed, an illustration. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin! Yeah I went crazy with the details, took me forever, but I'm really happy with the result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its a really nice color! reminds me of hot sunny summer.. i miss summer so much. its all gray here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is simply beautiful - I love dragonflies and I love Alannah Hill!!! What a superb gift from your friend!! TK xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...