Monday, April 23, 2012

Food fancy: Nanna biscuits

I wanted to show you the new dress I've made over the weekend, but due to the horrible sewing gremlins, I had to show you these cookies instead. The recipe was from Afternoon Tea by Frankie and it was super crumbly and easy to make. Now just need to look for a new sewing project that is more catered to my lack of ability.

Nana Biscuits
120g butter
90g caster sugar
180g self-raising flour
1 egg yolk
16 blanched almonds

Preheat oven to 180C. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add flour and egg yolk and  mix together to form a dough.

Line a baking try with baking paper. Roll dough into 16 small balls and place on tray. Press each ball lightly with your thumb to make an indent. Top with a blanched almond. Bake balls for 10 minutes.

Makes 16


6 comments:

  1. I'm not going to lie..I'd take cookies over a dress any day! ;) These sound delish. Although I do want to see your dress too!!! :)
    j.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the dress was horrible, the cut was like an 80s bridesmaid dress. I've posted it on my facebook/twitter if you want to have a look. x

      Delete
  2. Oh yum....I was going to make ANZAC's this morning but not enough butter... :-(
    I notice you have a shiny new logo, navigation and icons on your site - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to make ANZAC biscuits too, but didn't have enough time in the end.
      I'm not too happy with the header just yet, still got a bit tweaking to do, but thanks so much for your lovely feedback! x

      Delete
  3. nom nom nom! these sound sooo good! oh and i can't wait to see your new dress!! ps: did you redesign your blog? it looks lovely! i love the buttons and the navigation :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caitlin. I had to start on a new dress because the last one wasn't quite right. Lets hope that this new one will be ok.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...