Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blackwork



Blackwork
Date acquired: July 2010
I have a tendency to acquire lots of hobbies and this is my latest acquisition. I have never tried embroidery before except for a bit of cross stitching in primary school. It is so much fun!! The patterns are super simple but oh so elegant. At the moment, I'm embroidering a border for a soon to be dress. It takes forever, but I think it will be worth it once it is done. I'm already thinking about the next project after this. Maybe a new cushion for the couch? 
Emotional worth: 4 stars

5 comments:

  1. I too have just discovered the 'art' of embroidery. I borrowed the original Made in France book from the library. Got inspired, but didn't make anything from there...

    As an aside, how long does it take you to illustrate each post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meant to add, looking forward to seeing some of your needlework!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Casie, I saw your bunting, they look so adorable!! I will definitely post mine here once I've finished. It takes forever, but I think that's why like it so much.
    As for the illustrations, that takes forever too. Ideally, I would like to have 2 postings per week, but with full time work and everything else I seem to only manage to do one per fortnight. I tend to work on them at night and if I add all the hours up, it probably takes around 5-8 hours all up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This looks really interesting... I haven't done much embroidery, especially not in black and white - what an original idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should give it a go Nancy, it's so addictive!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...